Your foot doctor in Naperville, IL, can help with plantar fasciitis pain.
If you’ve ever had plantar fasciitis, you may think it lasts forever. In fact, it can last indefinitely, until you get help from your foot doctor. Your foot doctor has several effective treatments to help relieve plantar fasciitis pain.
Dr. Nancy Jagodzinski at Ankle & Foot Center of Fox Valley in Naperville, IL, offers comprehensive foot care services, including effective treatments for plantar fasciitis.
Plantar fasciitis is caused by overpronating or rolling your feet when you walk. It can also be caused by walking and standing on hard surfaces for long periods of time. Runners and joggers are also prone to plantar fasciitis because of excessive foot stress.
All of these factors can cause inflammation of the thick band of tissue that runs across your heel and up the side of your foot. This band of tissue is known as the plantar fascia, and when it becomes inflamed, you have plantar fasciitis.
There are a few factors that can increase your risk of developing plantar fasciitis. These are:
- Your age; if you are 40 to 60 years old
- Weight; if you carry extra weight or are obese
- Foot structure; if you are flat-footed
- Footwear; if you wear worn-out, unsupportive shoes
So, how do you know if you have plantar fasciitis? You will most likely experience increasing foot pain:
- After you wake up
- After you exercise
- After you stand from a seated position
Mild plantar fasciitis pain can often be relieved by practicing a few simple tips like these:
- Doing arch stretches daily
- Placing ice on your heel daily
- Taking over-the-counter pain or anti-inflammatory medication as needed
- Switching out your old shoes and getting more supportive ones
If you are suffering from moderate to severe plantar fasciitis pain, it’s a great idea to visit your foot doctor. Common treatments for plantar fasciitis include:
- Wearing custom-made orthotics
- Physical therapy and stretching
- Taking prescription strength anti-inflammatory medication
- Cortisone injections around your heel
You don’t have to suffer the pain of plantar fasciitis. To find out more about the causes, symptoms, and treatment of plantar fasciitis, talk with an expert. Call Dr. Jagodzinski at Ankle & Foot Center of Fox Valley in Naperville, IL. You can reach her at 630-778-7670 today!