When it comes to ankle pain you don’t have to suffer through it alone. Let us help ease your discomfort.
Are you currently dealing with persistent ankle pain that is affecting your daily routine? Is ankle pain making it hard to get out of bed in the morning let alone head to the gym or jog your normal route? From the office of our Naperville podiatrist Dr. Nancy Jagodzinski, find out the causes of your ankle pain and how we most often treat these issues.
While we often associate ankle injuries with sports, the fact remains that anyone can hurt their ankle. A common injury our Naperville foot doctor sees are sprains, strains, and fractures. Of course, other causes of ankle pain include:
- Heel spur
- Plantar fasciitis
- Ruptured tendon
- Overuse injury
- Shin splints
- Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
You should give us a call as soon as possible if you are experiencing any of these symptoms of a potential ankle injury or problem:
- Unable to bear weight on the injured foot
- Weakness in the ankles or ankles that give out
Depending on the cause of your ankle pain we might recommend any number of these treatment options, either alone or in conjunction with other treatments:
- Wearing an ankle brace
- Icing the ankle multiple times a day to reduce swelling
- Resting and avoiding certain activities
- Wearing a walking boot or cast
- Taking over-the-counter or prescription anti-inflammatory medications to reduce pain and swelling
- Wearing custom orthotics
- Physical therapy and rehab
- Stretching and strengthening exercises
- Corticosteroid injections to reduce swelling and more serious pain
- Electrical nerve stimulation to promote faster healing
Say goodbye to ankle pain when you turn to our Naperville podiatry office for care. Pain is not normal and our goal is to make sure you lead a happy, healthy life that is free of pain. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Jagodzinski today!